.

.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

WHEN CHOOSING WHO WE ADMIRE MOST, IS THIS THE BEST WE CAN DO? REALLY?


What does it say about us as a nation, when two of the most prolific liars on the entire planet also appear to be the two people most "admired" by Americans. Somehow it seems more than just a little twisted that Secretary of State Hitlery Clinton and Barry "Almighty" continue to be named by Americans as the Most Admired Woman and Most Admired Man living today in any part of the world. And what really seems more than just a little disheartening is the fact that old Hitlery has been named the Most Admired Woman each of the last 10 years, and Barry the Most Admired Man four years in a row. The cast of characters rounding out the top five on the women's side of the house is Oprah "I'm a racist" Winfrey, Michelle "Big-butt" Obama, followed well back, in single digits, by Sarah Palin, and Condoleezza Rice. The four Most Admired men coming in far behind our "Dear Beloved Leader" were George W. Bush, "Slick Willie" Clinton, Billy Graham, and Warren "Taxes, I don't need to pay no stinkin taxes" Buffett. The poll does nothing if not indicate the rather skewed priorities of the American people.



So, is this is what we, the American people, have now been reduced to, choosing two of the shallowest, and most dishonest, individuals on the entire planet to idolize and admire. I guess our self-esteem must be pretty well shot to Hell. I mean really, I can't think of any two individuals less deserving of admiration, except maybe any of those whom we choose to watch on the big screen. We Americans are, apparently, a pretty hapless bunch if we see the traits possessed by these two as being something to be admired. Speaking for myself, I set my standards just a bit higher and my admiration is a little harder to come by. And I most certainly would not waste it on the likes of either Hitlery or Barry. It's been said that the cream will always rise to the top, but in this particular instance I think another old adage would be much more applicable. You know the one that says shit always floats. I simply cannot fathom what people see in either one of these two that would make either appear as admirable. Honestly, for all of the damage that these two have done, or tried to do, to our country they are deserving of nothing but scorn.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't say much for this country, does it Dan. I agree with your assessment 100%.

    ReplyDelete