.

.

Friday, December 30, 2011

I’D LIKE TO SUGGEST THAT "THE DONALD" STICK TO WHAT HE DOES BEST...


Look, I like Donald Trump, I really do. I think he's very, how shall I say it,…entertaining. And I think it goes without saying that most of us would enthusiastically agree with the fact that he's a great businessman. But a great businessman does not a good president make. And I think all of this Third Party nonsense that he insists upon stirring up could, in the end, hamper any effort to successfully remove Barry "Almighty" from the White House. I mention this only because there is recent evidence that would suggest that, apparently, the potential for him making just such a third party presidential run may be getting closer to becoming a reality. Frankly, I wish he would just go away, and stick to what it is that he does best and stop trying to create anymore of the craziness than already exists. Because no matter how hard I try, I just can't bring myself to view him as being anywhere near a serious candidate, only as someone determined to make it easier for Barry to get re-elected. And this country simply cannot survive four more years of Barry.



I was reading on "The Blaze" about a supposed confidential email that was sent out late Thursday afternoon from a Florida Tea Party leader and personal friend of Trump. The email requested assistance in building a team in Texas to make certain that, if Trump chooses to run, his name would be on the ballot. The email included:
"Dear Patriot Leader,
 I am a tea party leader in Florida and friend of Donald Trump. I am sure you have heard on the news that Mr. Trump is considering a run as an independent. He has asked me to find a “tea party” Texas Chairman for a potential third party by next week. The role requires a Texas voter registration and is due to the voting laws in Texas. The person would not have to change their party affiliation or anything. Would you or do you know of any Texan that would be interested?"  According to "The Blaze," contact was made with the author of the letter and its authenticity has been confirmed.


Supposedly, the basis for the above email stems from the existence of restrictive election laws that make it difficult for "non-traditional," that is those outside of the Republican and Democratic parties, political hopefuls to get on the ballot in Texas. This early work, needed to assure that a candidate is on the ballot in Texas, is also sparking similar investigation in several states. One assumes that should Trump decide to run for the presidency this fall, his name will be on the ballot in every state. While such "preparations" seem to be underway, Trump has not made a formal decision to run as a third party candidate. However his recent voter registration change from Republican to Independent certainly raises eyebrows and lends credibility to all of the chatter about his intentions. Or, it could all be nothing more than yet another attempt by Trump to keep the spotlight on him. Ya know, in some respects Trump is no better than most of those Hollywood clowns who insist upon injecting themselves into the political process.


Now I have voiced my concerns on several occasions regarding an attempt by a Third Party candidate coming into the race from the right, as it would be, to say the least, self defeating to the cause. It would do nothing more than turn the next election into a cake walk for Barry. Frankly, I'm not sure whether old Donald may be suffering from delusions of grandeur, or a midlife crisis, of sorts, but whatever the reason, all of this third party crap is accomplishing very little, other than to gain headlines for Trump. What Trump needs to do, if he truly is as interested as he claims to be in getting Barry out of office, is to select the GOP candidate that he thinks stands the best chance of accomplishing just that. He can do it now, or wait for the primary process to run its course, but that's what he can do if he's truly interested in helping the cause. But I'm just not sure that's what he's interested in doing. I can never figure out for sure what it is that motivates Trump, because I'm never sure what Trump cares about other than, of course,…Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment