.

.

Monday, March 11, 2013

CHARLIE CRIST PONDERS A RETURN TO FLORIDA'S GOVERNOR'S MANSION...


So I guess the question that seems to be on nearly everyone's mind these days is whether or not former Florida governor Charlie Crist will venture back into the political game. Personally, I'd like nothing more to do with him. But hey, that's just me. Crist, as I'm sure you'll all remember, seemed to come to the conclusion that political fortunes may improved for him if he were to, so to speak, come clean about his really being the Democrat that we always knew he was, on the inside. "Well I’m thinking about it, there’s no question about that," said Crist who added he hasn’t made the big decision yet. Personally, I'm not that big of a fan of Crist's.

Crist, as you may or may not remembers, served as Florida's Republican governor back in 2007. He decided not to seek re-election to that office, instead setting his sights a little higher, the U. S. Senate and competed in the 2010 election, claiming to be the only conservative in the race. But I guess he forgot to tell that to Marco Rubio, who now sits in Washington will Crist ponders a return to the governor's mansion. Crist's announced in 2009 that he would not run for re-election and would instead run for the Senate. This time around, if he does choose to run, it would be as a Democrat running against current Republican governor, Rick Scott.

Although there is apparently no specific timetable for when Crist might a make his final decision, the window, as they say, is said to still be very wide open. "I haven’t reached any conclusion, I’m just taking the opportunity to listen to my fellow Floridians and give it serious thought," said Crist in Fort Myers on Saturday. So what would be Crist’s focus if he does choose to join the race? Well in response to just such a question, Crist responded, "Things that I think are important to all of our fellow Floridians: education, the environment, ethics; I mean these are things that aren’t new." With all that's going on in Washington, I think the last thing we need here in Florida is Charlie Crist!

Personally, I find the fact that Crist talks about ethics as being one of the main concerns of his fellow Floridians, particularly humorous. Because back when he was running for the Senate he used pretty much every smear tactic in the book in his going after Rubio, luckily, none of which worked. Crist went on to also say, "Talking about how we can help our economy move forward, fortunately we’re starting to see that in a small degree and I just hope it continues." Crist said that his decision would also be based on the mood of the people and how they feel. Somehow, I'm just not buying the whole "it's up to the people" thing coming from Charlie.

These days I guess Charlie's keeping himself busy by working for one of Florida's, too many to count, slip and fall lawyers, specifically, the firm of Morgan and Morgan. "I’ve enjoyed being in the private sector, working with Morgan & Morgan is a lot of fun and helping people that way," said Crist. "So time will tell, we’ll see." Right, he claims he's having lots of fun "helping people" as he does his best to continue to drive up the costs of both auto and health insurance courtesy of perpetuating all manner of frivolous lawsuits. What a guy! A Democrat, especially one that used to be a Republican, is not what Florida needs at this particular moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment